Samantha (Sam) Palmer is a passionate therapist who works with young people and families. With a Master of Professional Psychology, Sam has honed her skills by helping young people overcome anxiety, anger, depression, and low self-esteem.
She thrives when working with parents as she helps them understand and overcome behaviour challenges. Her interest in neurodevelopmental differences (including Autism and ADHD) make her an asset to Your Psych Centre.
Therapy with Sam is tailored to the individual. Techniques from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Family/Systems therapy, and play-based therapy are all used.
Skilled in both assessment and therapy means working with Sam will provide a total treatment solution. This includes collaborating with all stakeholders in a young persons life – including parents, siblings, teachers, medical professionals, and other allied health professionals.
- Children and Teens
- Assessment – ADHD, Learning Differences, Intellectual Abilities
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Emotional Regulation Difficulties
- Social skills
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Family and systems therapy
- Play-based therapy
- Parent education
- Telehealth and Face-to-face
- Medicare (Better Access to Mental Health Care
- Medicare – HCWA (Helping Children with Autism)
- Medicare – Better Start (Better Start for Children with Disability)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Payment