Stacey Hansen is the owner of Your Psych Centre and Child and Adolescent Psychologist. She holds a Bachelor of Psychology (with 1st Class Honours) and is currently completing a Master of Clinical Psychology. Stacey has over 10 years experience working in the area of child development and behaviour and emotional difficulties.
Stacey has experience working with individuals across the lifespan for a range of difficulties such as trauma and stress related disorders; anxiety; depression; grief; and social and relationship difficulties. She has extensive experience in (and passion for) supporting young people and their families to understand and manage behavioural and emotional difficulties.
Stacey has had previous experience working with children, parents and teachers in the education sector. She prides herself on being an advocate for children’s rights in learning and frequently advises on effective education planning.
Stacey has the training and ability to conduct psychoeducational assessment for learning disorders and comprehensive assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders using the ADOS-2.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning disorders
- Anxiety-based conditions (including generalised anxiety, separation anxiety, and specific phobias)
- Depression in Adolescence
- Tic Disorder
- Oppositional-Defiance Disorder
- Parenting difficulties
- Child relationship difficulties
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Family-centred therapy
- Solution-Focused/Brief Therapy
- Social Thinking Skills
- Medicare (Better Access to Mental Health Care and Helping Children with Autism Initiative)
- Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) Early Intervention
- Better Start for Children with a Disability
- Health Insurance
- Private Payment